Tuition fee deferral is available to Graduate students that are employed by UBC as either Teaching or Research Assistants. The deferral is intended for students that do not have the funds available to make payment on the standard due date but through their UBC stipend can make payment at a later date.
- Students must be on semi-monthly payroll and have a minimum of four months’ employment corresponding to a Summer Session or Winter Session term.
- A separate application is required for each session.
- A screenshot of your Compensation page (proof of employment). You may obtain this by logging in to Work Day and selecting your Profile from the top right corner>View Profile, then from the left side select Compensation (you may need to click on 'More')
- The University has the prerogative to deny fee deferral if fees are outstanding from a previous term. It is the student’s responsibility to determine if money is owed from previous terms by checking the Student Service Centre at www.students.ubc.ca/ssc.
Students that qualify will have their tuition and student fees deferred as follows:
- Summer Term 1 (May – June) deferred to June 30
- Winter Term 1 (Sept – Dec) deferred to Nov 30
- Winter Term 2 (Jan – April) deferred to March 31
For application deadlines, please check the Academic Year section of the UBC Calendar at www.calendar.ubc.ca/vancouver/academicyear.cfm.